Recognition and Achievements
- July 2021- Leora Raikin selected as a finalist in the Los Angeles 27th District’s Non-Profit of the Year! – nominated by California Senator Henry Stern
- April 29, 2019 California Legislature Assembly; Leora Raikin received Certificate of Recognition by California Assemblymember Jesse Gabriel, Forty-Fifth Assembly District
- 2019 Creation of an International Student Docent & Leadership Training program that allows at no cost to students in middle and high school to learn about the Holocaust, develop leadership and public speaking skills along with the ability to educate their peers and become docents. In 2020 and 2021 this program became virtual with students from 40 different schools participating. The program includes a multiplier effect whereby each student that graduates is able to bring the program to hundreds of students at their schools and in their community, educating many students who have never heard of the Holocaust. Two South African students who graduated from this program have gone on to become international ambassadors of the David Labkovski Project.
- Sept 2019 Councilmember Bob Blumenfield invited Leora Raikin, the David Labkovski Project (DLP) to present their exhibit “ Documenting History through Art- the life of David Labkovski” at Los Angeles City Hall. Los Angeles City Council members, Bob Blumenfield, shared that “By engaging viewers with his paintings and sketches, the David Labkovski Project shares lessons of life, survival, tolerance, acceptance, and the importance of bearing witness to Jewish history.”
- The LA City Council honored the DLP, Leora Raikin, Executive Director, in June 2019, for the DLP’s work to preserve pre-Holocaust Jewish history and culture through the arts, inviting Leora Raikin to address the Los Angeles City Council on the David Labkovski Project’s mission.
- June 5, 2019 Rotary: Recognition of Service
- May 24, 2017 Scott M. Schmerelson Board Member, District 3 Los Angeles Board of Education “Recognition of your collaboration with our students to remember the history of the Holocaust”
- June 1, 2017 Recognition by Los Angeles Assembly member Adrin Nazarian 46th Assembly District
- June 1, 2017 Recognition by Nury Martinez Los Angeles Councilwoman, Sixth district – “collaboration with the students of Daniel Pearl High School – California Legislative Assembly
From Left to Right
Stephen Gingold, LA Mayor Office, David Shapiro, Mayor Calabasas, Debra Levine DLP Board, Leora Raikin Honoree, Jennifer Lopata, Jill Harmatz Sanders and Barbara Barishman nee Spektor (MY 1966)