We invite all Herzlia pupils, builders, tinkerers, crafters, artists, and inventors of all ages to create and submit an original Chanukiah entry built by YOU and your family to our 2021 Chanukiah Design Competition. The entries will be exhibited online and/or in the High School during the week of 22 – 26 November 2021. Voting will be done online and will be open to the wider Herzlia community.
ENTER NOW: bit.ly/HerzliaChanukiah
FOR MORE INFORMATION EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Herzlia pupils of all ages and their families are invited to submit an entry. The Chanukiah must be designed and made by the pupil and his/her family. Pupils are allowed to collaborate and work in teams.
It must be functional – be able to safely hold candles (or oil). It must have places for eight candles and a shamash (the helper candle). The shamash must be distinctive in some way from the other candles. Do not include any food or other perishable items in your Chanukiah.
Participants may submit entries in the following categories:
Preschool – Grade 2
Grade 3 – Grade 6
Grade 7 – Grade 12
- Physical: Design a Chanukkiah in any size and from any materials. The Chanukiah can be made from traditional materials but it can just as well incorporate technology (sensors, LEDs, Mechatronics etc.)
- Virtual / Digital platform or tool: For example, design a Chanukkiah on Minecraft, create an interactive video display, or design a candle lightning computer game.
Register and submit your entry using the Google Form on this link: bit.ly/HerzliaChanukiah. The form can be submitted and then edited at a later stage
Submission deadline: 18 November 2021
Display and voting: 22-26 November 2021
Winner announcement: 29 November 2021 – Erev Chanukah
JUDGES and PRIZES
TBA. In addition, the winning Chanukiah will receive an honorary prize and be used to light the candles at school.
Entries will be judged in separate categories and age groups. The following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Originality of design Creative use of materials
- Involvement of family members Visual appeal
- Demonstration of the 5 Herzlia Pillars or
- The United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
For further details, please contact Or Kadar email@example.com