Shalom Herzlia Community
General Statistics for Herzlia High School Matric Class of 2023:
- 72 Matric candidates
- 100% Matric pass rate in an academically inclusive school
- 252 Individual subject distinctions, with 9 of these distinctions being achieved in Further Studies Mathematics and English
- An average of 3.5 distinctions per candidate, including Further Studies Mathematics and English.
- 2023 NSC National Top Candidate in South Africa for Independent Schools, with a total of 9 distinctions out of 9 subjects, including Further Studies English and Mathematics
- 9 subject distinctions: 1 pupil
- 8 subject distinctions: 4 pupils
- 7 subject distinctions: 9 pupils
- 6 subject distinctions: 7 pupils
- 5 subject distinctions: 4 pupils
- 4 subject distinctions: 13 pupils
- 3 subject distinctions: 5 pupils
- 2 subject distinctions: 5 pupils
- 1 subject distinction: 9 pupils
We are exceptionally proud of the incredible achievements of our 2023 Matric Class. These results are phenomenal in light of the turbulent times with which our pupils were faced. They are a really tight-knit group with an incredible spirit and love for Herzlia, especially Herzlia pride and embracing the values of Jewish life.
We are so pleased to celebrate our high achievers and their academic distinctions, however, it’s important to remember that these achievements are part of a bigger picture. Many pupils have faced significant challenges along their educational journey. Their success is not just a mark of their hard work and persistence, but also of their remarkable ability to keep going despite these challenges.
Kudos must be given to the Herzlia teachers who have supported our matric pupils on their academic journey. Their commitment and always going the extra mile has been instrumental in their success. The work of Herzlia’s Counselling and Educational Support Department (SEED) has provided invaluable support, care and guidance to pupils and their parents, as well as to the teaching staff. Their contribution is a significant part of what makes our school’s educational experience so powerful. The fact that Herzlia is an academically inclusive school makes our matric results even more impressive. This also includes 11 pupils who chose to extend themselves through writing IEB Further Studies Mathematics and English. We are proud of our offering of a truly holistic education, which is not only results-oriented but focuses on the values, skills and relationships that pupils develop over their time as part of our school community.
Our parents, as well as the Jewish community’s support, encouragement and guidance have been essential. We’re also thankful for the UHS Board’s continuous and unwavering support that keeps the school running smoothly.
The 2023 Matric results are not just about academic scores; they reflect the broader values, skills, and relationships that our pupils have developed during their time with us.
Mazaltov to our Matric class of 2023!